Terms and Conditions
We strive to make musical learning fun for all our students. But there are some things that need to be agreed on before we begin. These are the standard conditions for music tuition recommended by the Music Teachers' Association of Queensland Inc. Enrolment in music tuition presumes acceptance of these terms.
1. Fees are payable per term strictly in advance.
2. Places will not be reserved or confirmed until full payment of fees.
3.Tuition is given by term usually consisting of 8 - 9 consecutive weeks or by arrangement for individual tuition.
4. Half-a-term notice by the student is required for termination of individual lessons or a half terms’ fees are payable in lieu.
5. When a student does not attend an individual lesson, with or without notice; this causes direct financial loss to the teacher. The Music Teachers Association of Queensland recommends that accredited members charge for such missed lessons, unless the circumstances, in the teacher’s opinion, warrant some special concession.
6. Individual lessons cancelled by the teacher will be made up or carried forward.
7. We are in the job of encouraging and nurturing all students. However, participation in the piano program requires a commitment by the student/parent to udertake regular practice as recommended by the teacher. We reserve the right to cancel the enrolment of students who consistently don't practice between lessons.
8. PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO of lessons is strictly prohibited without the advance approval of the teacher.
10. A student will not be accepted as a piano student unless a suitable and approved instrument is available for practice at home.
Blue Suitability Cards & Risk Management Strategy
In accordance with the requirements of the Commission for Children and Young People, all persons engaged in teaching our programs have Blue Suitability cards. Employers and businesses regulated by the Commission's Act must also have a written risk management strategy in place showing the organisation's commitment to maintaining the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. These may be sighted by request.
Terms & Conditions
2022 Term Dates
Term 1 31 January - 26 March (8 weeks)
Term 2 18 April - 11 June (8 weeks)
Term 3 11 July - 3 September (8 weeks)
Term 4 3 October - 26 November (8 weeks)
*Lessons on Public Holidays by arrangement
*Term dates may be subject to change
* Additional piano lessons may be requested
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR UPDATES ON EVENTS
The Charles & Motee Rogers Piano Competition (TBA)
Queensland Piano Competition (TBA)
END OF YEAR CONCERT & AWARDS: Sunday 20 November 2022
2.30 - 4.00pm
Individual Piano Tuition
$90 per hour / $45 per 30 mins
$360 per 8 week term (30 mins weekly)
$540 per 8 week term (45 mins weekly)
$720 per 8 week term (60 mins weekly)
Additional weeks will be added to term fees where relevant
Please contact us for quote